Saturday, January 20, 2007



I stitched these two pieces for my DH's parents soon after we got
married I think. They'd moved from their house to a new condo and
I stitched these to be hung there, possibly as a Christmas gift or for
some other special occasion. I just gave them the stitched pieces
and let them choose the frames to suit the place that they would
decide to hang them in. My Mom-in-law passed away from breast
cancer about 13 years ago now, and Dad-in-law followed her just
over a year later. When packing up the condo we took back these
pieces and they are now hanging in our bathroom.

They are from a Dimensions chart called Romantic Roses and the
designer is Linda Gillum. Publishing date of chart is around 1988.
Very pastel, delicate projects, trimmed with lace and framed in gold.
Cheerful, easy projects.

Last evening was a party for the church choir that DH belongs to.
Instead of having it at Christmas, which is always hectic and busy for
everyone, they started having it in January, when things have settled
down. It's an easy, pot luck affair with about 20 - 30 people attending.
The food is always delicious and every year I keep saying that they
should pool their recipes and print a cook book. The party is at a
different couples house every year too, which is only fair.

Not a late night though because DH had to be up in good time this
morning to attend the men's breakfast at the church. Every third
Saturday each month a group of the men from the church gather to
cook themselves a large, fancy breakfast and to enjoy some good food
and fellowship.

I was saddened to hear today that Denny Doherty of the Mamas and the
Pappas died after a short illness. He was born in Halifax, but was
living near Toronto at the time of his death. He was only 66. I love the
Mamas and the Pappas music, and the wonderful harmonies that they
made, and Denny was my favourite. A great voice, a great sense of
humour and a very Canadian view of fame and success. I wish him
peace.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Oh that is a beautiful pair, Judy - I am so glad for you that you were able to 'reclaim' them after your in-laws passed away. All my cross stitch gifts have been for my contemporaries (same generation), and I really don't want to see any of my friends and family die before me just so I can have my XS back - LOL!