Sunday, February 12, 2006

A quiet weekend at home...

On Friday it was back to the dentist for part two of root canal. Finishing of root canal and a filling over it. Now I have to go back to have a cap made and put on. That is if I can stand to have the tray and the goop that they use to make the impression of your tooth inserted into my mouth and held there for five minutes. It's sort of like having a blob of plastacine in your mouth. And I have this darn gagging reflex. Have trouble just brushing in that area. We're going to have a trial run first to see if I can handle this. If I don't have a cap put on the tooth it's possible that eventually the tooth could crack and that would not be good at all.

Finished reading The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende and it was very good. One of her earlier books. I've also read Daughter of Fortune by her.

I spent alot of time this weekend cross stitching a piece that I started last week. Its from an old issue of Cross Country Stitching (Oct 95). Three victorian style shops - antiques - quilts - apple cider. Nothing fancy, just something to ease me back into the craft once more after leaving it for a number of years. I'm stitching it on 28 count evenweave, using DMC threads as called for in the pattern. It has pretty colours and no fancy stitches, but lots of backstitching ... ugh!!

Visited my Mom today at the retirement home where she lives near us and we had lunch and chatted and I worked on my stitching and she knitted. She's making tiny hats for new born babies to be given to our local hospital.

I'm starting to read "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult tomorrow. Its for the book club that I belong to which is set to meet this Wednesday. Opps! Should have started this sooner. Oh well. I'll just have to crack down and get it read by that time. Hopefully book club won't get cancelled at the last minute because no one can make it, which is what happened last month.

Gotta go give Phoebe some more dinner. Cheers.

No comments: