Thursday, September 14, 2006

As summer draws to a slow but inevitable close I present the above picture of one of our hanging baskets in it's prime back at the beginning of August. We've had some rain in the past few days which has left these mini petunas soggy and straggly. They look pretty sad now.

Saturday DH and I went to visit my Mum at the retirement residence where she lives, which was having a family barbecue. First thing in the morning we'd had a heavy downpour of rain but by noon the rain had passed, although the skies remained heavy and gray until late in the afternoon. It was too cool and dull to sit outside for the barbecue so the crowd of people filled their plates and found seats in the diningroom or the activity room. We joined some friends at a table and had a great time eating and talking. Hamburgers, chicken kabob's, potato salad, garden salad and a truly yummy rice salad were on the menu. And for desert there was ice cream.

After we got home from the barbecue DH laid down for a nap, still recovering from the liquid portion of the previous nights meal at our neighbour's. I cross stitched and read blogs and basically just vegged.

Sunday I dug out my Autumn nick nacks and decorations and put them around the house.

Booking Through Thursday.....

1) Do you tend to read more books written by one gender over the other? If so, which one? Men? Or women?
2) Is this a deliberate choice? Or just something that kind of happened?
3) And (without wanting to get too personal), is this your gender?

Now this is an interesting set of questions. Off the top of my head I'd have to say that over all most of my favourite authors tend toward the female. But in the fantasy genre specifically it may be that the authors are more balanced evenly.

I don't think that it is a conscious, deliberate choice.

I'm female.

Cheers all.

No comments: