Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A rare mid-week posting because I've received word that my
surprise parcel was received safe and sound by it's intended
recipient yesterday, which surprised me since it was only
mailed on Saturday. Above are the two mittens that I stitched
for Dani as a little thank you for the incredibly lovely needle
book that she made for me in the summer.

These are stitched on perforated paper, using DMC threads
and Mill Hill beads. The designs are from an old (1996) issue
of Cross Stitch Ornaments from Better Homes and Gardens.
There are four designs in total and they are really fun to
stitch. The two that I stitched for Dani are my favourites.

I'm so glad that you liked them Dani. Merry Christmas!

And my order from Stitching Bits n Bobs arrived yesterday.
Three Debbie Draper charts, with the ones on either end
also including the floss to stitch the designs with.

A pile of threads, mostly Crescent Colours, to use with various
charts in my stash someday. Is it me or does the two strands
of peach or orange in the centre look the same?? I really can't
tell the difference between them. One is Copper Penny and the
other is Pumpkin Harvest.


And then I ordered some fabric. The pieces above are 28 count
Jobelan in Raspberry Lite and African Daisy and Clay.

And some fabric in Linen and Cappuccino.

Tonight is the Senior's tour of the town to see the Christmas
lights and DH has gone to the senior's centre to join some
fellow choir members to sing carols for the seniors when they
return after the tour for refreshments.

Hope that you're all having a great week. Cheers.

9 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Judy I just love the stitched mits I've now got them hanging with my Christmas cards with clothes pins! They look very cute like that!

Tim Tams are a chocolate cookie with chocolate cream center covered in chocolate. Oh so sinful and I can't find any in Canada anymore. You used to be able to pick them up in Sobeys but they don't carry them around here anymore!

We did have a dump of snow earlier this week and I've heard we're going to get another one. Before I know it the snowbanks will be taller than me and this will make it a long winter indeed.

You got some fantastic new stash! I just love those Jobleans! I've stitched a large sampler on the African Daisy and its just beautiful!

Carla said...

The mitten are lovely!
And the stash your received is fantatsic...but I agree with you that the 2 thread look exactly the same color

samplerlover said...

Hi Judy, love the mittens. I think I might have that book too. I will have to go and investigate.
What a great stash you received. I like the patterns that you chose. I agree with you the colours to do similar.
My God Christmas is coming at a great speed. I think I had better get my finger out and make a few gifts for family and friends. I think I will be busier than normal for a few days. I still have to make my Christmas pud, so will do that next week.
Guess what, its not raining at the moment and the sun is shining. Yay. Don't jump up and down with joy though. The rain is coming back on Sunday for a week. - Take care and enjoy the snow. - Sandra.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Such lovely presents for dear Dani!
And love that stash! CC's are my FAV overdyed threads!

Lynn said...

Lovely stash!! Those DD designs look really interesting. I've never done any of hers.
The mitts you sitched for Dani are sooo cute. I've got all those BH&G ornament issues. There are some really cute patterns in them.
I agree, I can't see any difference between the two peach colours. They're great threads to work with though!

monique said...

Nice mittens! And great stashing... I really like that Raspberry Jobelan, don't you? It's so "pink" :)

stitcherw said...

Your mittens look lovely, very cute finish. Love the stash too. I hadn't seen those by Debbie, but I've been looking at a couple of her cat designs, she has some fun ones. So far on my wish list I have "Cat O Latte" and "A Cat's Life".
Sue

Beatrice said...

Oh Judy the mittens are so cute. Nice job.
Such lovely fabrics as well. The threads in the middle are very similar, maybe new stock renamed.
The charts are rather nice too.
Looks like you have some stitching ahead of you.!

Michelle said...

The mittens are so cute! Love your new stash too - the fabric is beautiful!